Our pro dancers completed their final competition of the year this past weekend and did an outstanding job. We are beyond proud of these dancers as they came together as a team in support of one another to place in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 8th and received bids to nationals! All of our age groups placed and had outstanding performances. This is not possible without the support of their teachers and their parents. Thank you all for an awesome year with our competition team, Pro Dance, and believing in this program!
- May 26th - Last day of classes
- May 26th - Final day for recital ticket sales. Please remember we will not sell tickets at the door.
As we move into our last month of dance we want to say thank you. We have thoroughly enjoyed our year together and would love to have each of you back in the summer or fall http://www.gdadance.com/scheduleindex/. Be sure to check out our summer camps and fall schedule. Let us know if you have any questions!
- April 1st - Recital pictures. Deadline to sign up is March 27th. Please arrive promptly at your designated appointment time. Also, please come in costume as we would like to keep the bathrooms free for bathroom use only.
- April 7th - Parents night out, "Bunny Boogie". Join us for a fun parents night out! Sign up at the front desk. We are excited to announce this event will be sponsored by, Little Sunshine's Playhouse and Preschool. A new preschool coming to Franklin!
- April 3rd - 7th - Recital t-shirts will go out. If you purchased a recital t-shirt, they will be delivered to your child in his or her class.
- April 14th- No classes.
- April 17th - Recital tickets go on sale. Please take note that we will not sell tickets at the door the day of our recital. We must keep track of seating prior to the show. You can purchase your tickets, $10 per ticket, at the front desk.
- April 24th - April 28th - Watch week. Come check out your child's hard work on their recital dances and enjoy the last 10 minutes of their class.
- April 29th - Pro Dance and Non-compete auditions. Is your child interested in taking more classes than their regular once a week classes? We have two different opportunities for your child to audition for. Please see attachments below.
- We need recital volunteers. If you are interested please sign up at the front desk. We are in need of volunteers Friday, June 9th for our dress rehearsal and Saturday, June 10th for our recital. We would like two per class. The deadline to sign up is May 1st, 2017.
- Please be sure your child is in attendance for the remainder of the year. We want your child to feel confident on stage for our recital.
- Interested in enrolling for summer or fall? Check out our schedule here.
We are excited to introduce our "Non-Compete Team" to GDA for the 2017/2018 year. We are offering a place for those dancers that are wanting to dance at the competitive level and those that are wanting more than just a recital. Please find audition dates and more information below.
February 18th Sound of Music Master Class - Join us for a master class Saturday February 18th from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Sign up at the front desk, $25.00 per dancer.
February 18th and 19th EPS Recital Photos CANCELLED - MOVED TO APRIL 1ST
February 25th Aerial Clinic - 2:00 - 3:00 P.M. Sign up at the front desk.
February 27th - deadline to sign up for the "Mom Dance" and "Dad Dance"
We are excited to welcome Miss Kayla Carolus, Miss Rosie Mientka and Coach Marie Mastrodonato! Miss Kayla specializes in jazz, Miss Rosie ballet and Coach Marie in dance acro. They are going to be an awesome fit to our GDA family. Stand by for their bios on "our blog" soon.
- January 4th - 6th - Winter Intensive - Ages 12 and up, please find schedule attached.
- January 9th - Classes begin for Spring Semester 2017 - Please ensure your child is present for classes this semester as we will begin choreography for the recital.
- January 14th - Pro Dance Winter Showcase - Join us for a performance as the pro dancers prepare for competition season. Tickets available at the front desk.
- 12/3/16 - Nashville Christmas Parade and Franklin Christmas Parade - Join our pro dancers as they perform in the community Christmas Parades!
- 12/15/16- Safe Haven Items due - Safe Haven is the only shelter-to-housing program of its kind in Middle Tennessee that accepts the entire homeless family. We are donating household items to Safe Haven this year. Last year we supported a family and this year they are in need of general household items. If you wish to donate please bring your items to the studio no later than December 15th. We hope to give homeless families some great items to start a new home!
- 12/16/16 - “Night at the Nutcracker” - join us for a parents night out! Enter in to win two tickets to the Nutcracker and shop our Silent Auction before dropping your kids! 6:00-9:00 p.m., pizza and dessert included! $5 per child.
- 12/22/16-1/8/17 - Closed, no classes
Join The Movement for a free trial class! Tuesdays or Thursdays from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- 11/14/16-11/18/16 - Bring a friend to dance week
11/19/16-11/27/16 - Closed, no classes- Happy Thanksgiving
Our costumes are arriving! We will be giving out costumes upon arrival. We will try your child’s costume on in class. If there is an alteration needed we will send an alteration form home with your child in their costume bag. You can see the costume on at home and decide if you would like to bring the costume in for us to alter along with the form or alter on your own. All alteration forms will be due no later than January 8th.
The Movement is coming to Grassland Dance Academy! Headed up by Christi Faragalli NASM CPT, group fitness instructor and NASM weight loss specialist. The Movement will address fitness on all levels, mind, body and spirit. The Movement: Taking care of ourselves so we can better care for others. Contact Christi Faragalli at 615-310-7594 for more information.
Interested in poinsettias to decorate your home for the holidays? Our pro dancers are fundraising for their trip to New York City. Help support them and purchase a beautiful poinsettia!
- October 1st - Recital package forms are due. It is imperative we have a form for every single student. Our recital is set for June 10th and the dress rehearsal June 9th at Father Ryan High School. All of our students will participate in one show.
- October 7th - 10th Fall Break - We will not have classes during this time.
- October 24th - 28th - Wear your Halloween costume to dance, no scary costumes allowed!
- October 28th - Halloween Hop, a parents night out you do not want your child to miss! This is a fundraising opportunity for our Pro Dancers, to help out with their trip to New York City next summer. We will have dinner, games and fun! Please have your child come in their costume, no scary costumes allowed. It will be from 6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. and the cost is $35.00 for one child, $45 for a family of two and $55 for families of 3 or more. Invite your friends, open to the community. Please sign up at the front desk, spots fill up quickly!
- When disposing of soiled diapers, please use our bathroom located to the left of the lobby and place them in our diaper genie.
- Also, we have snacks available at the front desk. You can purchase a punch card for $10 that give you/your child 10 punches that we keep at our desk.
- Also, spread the word about our SPECIAL that is going on for new 3, 4 and 5 year old students. If you are referred receive 15% off! Both parties can save!
- September 5th - No Classes
Recital Information 2017
- Recital is scheduled for Saturday June 10th. There is a mandatory dress rehearsal on June 9th for all. A recital fee and costume/costume(s) fee(s) required. Please find the package options HERE for you to pick the best one for your family. Please take note that packages are not required and you will follow the ala cart pricing for the required recital fee and costume fee. All packages are due October 1st, 2016. We need everyone to submit our “Package Form” with the filled in information by the above date. They can be found in the parent portal under “more” or printed in the lobby.
- Also, please click HERE which style your child will perform in our recital. Combination classes for ages 8 and under perform one number and ages 9/10 and up perform two numbers in our recital. All hip hop classes perform one.
We are pleased to welcome you and your family to Grassland Dance Academy for our 2016/2017 dance year!
- All billing questions are handled Monday - Friday between 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Please email all billing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back with during our billing question hours. Our receptionists do not deal with billing.
- All tuition is due on the 1st of the month. Tuition posts to accounts the 15th of the month prior to the 1st of when payment is due. You will receive a statement detailing account information.
- A newsletter detailing pertinent information will go out on the 1st of each month. Please read this information to stay up to date with happenings around the studio.
- Please adhere to all of our policies and procedures through out the year found in our registration packet.
- Recital 2017 "Broadway Bound" is scheduled for June 9th and June 10th, 2017. Both of those dates are mandatory. We encourage all of our students to participate in our recital. It is a fun and exciting way for our dancers to show off their skills they learned through out the year. Performance is also a major building block of dance.
- Recital payments are due October 1st, 2016. At this time you can select a package or choose the required recital fee and costume fee. Package forms are found in our lobby.