May 1st - Spring special ends. Be sure to sign up for our fall classes to save on your registration fee! Get your forms in before May 1st, 2018.
May 7th - 12th - Bring your mom to dance. Join your child and experience their dance class and all of the things they have worked on throughout the year. Also, the last 10 minutes everyone is invited to come in for a sneak peak of their recital dance.
May 12th - Team auditions for Pro Dance and Non-compete. Please click HERE for more information. We hope to see you there, this is a great opportunity for dancers wanting more than once a week classes!
May 21st - 26th - Last week of classes.
May 26th - Deadline to sign up for recital pictures.
We do have a handful of seats available if you are in need of purchasing any more tickets. You all should have received an email with your tickets. We will scan the QR code at the door the day of the recital. Please have your tickets in hand.
Please make sure your child is present for his or her group photo. A lot of families enjoy getting the group photo and it doesn't turn out nice if not everyone is there. Click HERE to review the group photo schedule. Also, if you are wanting individual photos please sign up at our front desk.
We are offering a few summer classes July 9th - 27th once a week. Check out our schedule HERE.
Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, April 4th, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. Each family receives two free tickets. Tickets are $10.00 each for ages four and up and payment is required upon selection of seats. Ages three and under are not required a ticket, but cannot occupy a seat on their own. Tickets are based on a first come first serve basis. You will select the seats you would like. There is a limit to three tickets per family through April 30th, 2018. If your family requires more than the two free given and three allowed we will put your name down on a waiting list. Again this list is first come first serve. You will receive the hard copy of your tickets the week of May 7th, 2018 and these are required for entry to the recital.
If your family ordered a recital t-shirt, they will start to be given out Wednesday, April 4th, 2018.
Please ensure that our costumes will be in no later than mid May. They come in sporadically and not all at once. If you require alterations for your child’s costume please pin your child’s costume and bring it back in along with the filled alteration form. You can find the forms at our front desk. We need these in hand no later than May 18th, 2018.
Stop by our front desk to sign up for individual recital pictures. The group photo schedule is also located at our desk. Payment is required upon signing up for pictures.
As the recital is right around the corner, please ensure your child is present in class. We want all of our students to succeed on stage at our recital and it is important for them to be present to practice their dances.
- March 15th - Deadline to sign up for "Mom Dance" and "Daddy Daughter Dance" for our recital
- March 25th - April 1st - Spring Break - No Classes
- Is your child interested in joining a team? Be sure to check out our competitive, award-winning team. We also offer a non-compete team. Auditions are coming up and we don't want you to miss out. Team forms here.
- Here are the sign-up forms to participate in our recital for the mom dance and daddy-daughter dance. Sign up forms here.
- We are still in need of volunteers for the recital. Please stop by the front desk to sign up.
- On the completion of your child's recital dance you will recieve a video link for them to pracrice at home.
February 12th - 17th Daddy daughter dance week. Come and take dance with your daughter. If your child has multiple classes, please choose one to join them for!
- Here is a link to your child's recital music. We encourage all to practice outside of class time so they are prepared for our show. Click HERE.
- Is your child looking to join a team? GDA offers a non-competitive team and a competitive team. Click HERE for more information on our teams and audition date.
- If you are interested in signing up for our "mom dance" that will be in the recital please see Miss Molly Ann and sign up no later than March 1st, 2018.
- We will be offering a daddy-daughter dance in our recital this year. If you are interested in signing up for this please see Miss Molly Ann and sign up no later than March 1st, 2018.
As January is a month of sickness and inclement weather, please take the time to read through our "Weather" and "Sickness" policies to stay up to date.
If your child or anyone in your family may potentially be ill due to any form of sickness we request your family stay home from class. This includes parents and siblings entering the building as they may pass germs on to others when coming in. Sickness spreads very quickly and we want to keep the environment at Grassland Dance Academy healthy at all times. If your child starts to feel ill during his or her class, we will call the parent immediately and the child will need to be picked up from his or her class at that time. Please be sure you adhere to this policy for a happy and healthy place to dance.
Grassland Dance Academy will make the most accurate call on holding class in the event of severe weather with the safety of everyone in mind. We will try our best to hold classes, but we will make the best decision based off of the road conditions to and from the studio. Please keep an eye out for an email at least two hours prior to your child’s class time on classes being held or canceled. You can also follow us on Instagram @gda5678 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GrasslandDanceAcademy/ for updates on class information.
- January 3rd - winter classes see attachment for details
- January 4th - winter classes and makeup pointe class
- January 5th - classes begin for the second semester
- January 27th - movie night
- We have added some exciting classes to our schedule for the second semester. Tumbling toddlers Monday 9:15 - 10:00 a.m. ages 3-5, Mommy and Me Wednesdays 11:00-11:30 a.m. for 2 years of age. We are offering free trial classes for these classes through the week of January 8th.
- Our second session of adult classes is starting. Be sure to sign up! See attachment for details.
- Please note that our costumes will be coming in at various times throughout the second semester. As the costumes arrive we will be sending them home with your child. Costumes are not to be worn until performance time.
- We will begin recital choreography upon return and it is very important that all dancers are in attendance to learn choreography.
- Did you know that there are fitness classes available here at GDA? Check out the attachments for the different programs that The Movement offers.