As January is a month of sickness and inclement weather, please take the time to read through our "Weather" and "Sickness" policies to stay up to date.
If your child or anyone in your family may potentially be ill due to any form of sickness we request your family stay home from class. This includes parents and siblings entering the building as they may pass germs on to others when coming in. Sickness spreads very quickly and we want to keep the environment at Grassland Dance Academy healthy at all times. If your child starts to feel ill during his or her class, we will call the parent immediately and the child will need to be picked up from his or her class at that time. Please be sure you adhere to this policy for a happy and healthy place to dance.
Grassland Dance Academy will make the most accurate call on holding class in the event of severe weather with the safety of everyone in mind. We will try our best to hold classes, but we will make the best decision based off of the road conditions to and from the studio. Please keep an eye out for an email at least two hours prior to your child’s class time on classes being held or canceled. You can also follow us on Instagram @gda5678 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GrasslandDanceAcademy/ for updates on class information.
- January 3rd - winter classes see attachment for details
- January 4th - winter classes and makeup pointe class
- January 5th - classes begin for the second semester
- January 27th - movie night
- We have added some exciting classes to our schedule for the second semester. Tumbling toddlers Monday 9:15 - 10:00 a.m. ages 3-5, Mommy and Me Wednesdays 11:00-11:30 a.m. for 2 years of age. We are offering free trial classes for these classes through the week of January 8th.
- Our second session of adult classes is starting. Be sure to sign up! See attachment for details.
- Please note that our costumes will be coming in at various times throughout the second semester. As the costumes arrive we will be sending them home with your child. Costumes are not to be worn until performance time.
- We will begin recital choreography upon return and it is very important that all dancers are in attendance to learn choreography.
- Did you know that there are fitness classes available here at GDA? Check out the attachments for the different programs that The Movement offers.
- December 1st - Non-compete Showcase- join our non-compete team as they take the stage Friday, December 1st. Tickets are available at the door and enrolled students of GDA receive 50% off their tickets. Join us! See flyer below.
- December 2nd - Come see our dancers perform in the Franklin Christmas Parade. The parade begins at 2:00 p.m. in downtown Franklin. A must see event to get you into the holiday spirit.
- December 2nd - Pro Dance Showcase - our pro dancers will perform their competition pieces in preparation for our upcoming competitions. Join them and also receive a GDA student discount of 50% off your tickets. See flyer below.
- December 9th - "Pajama Party" Parents Day Out- drop your kids with us while you mark things off your to do list. Non-GDA participants welcome. See flyer below.
- December 21st - January 7th - Winter break.
Please be sure to look through our lost and found for any missing items. We will be donating the lost and found items to Goodwill December 22nd for items not collected.
- November 4th Masterclass with a cast member from American in Paris - 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- November 11th “Movie Night” - 3:00 - 5:30 p.m. Sign up at the front desk.
- November 20th-26th No Classes - Thanksgiving Break
- Please find our costume book HERE. You will see next to your child’s costume the required tights and shoes. Those are not provided with the costume and are necessary for the recital. Closer to time information will go out in regards to how your dancer's hair should be worn and make-up.
Our non-compete had the honor of performing in downtown Franklin's Pumpkinfest! We loved being a part of such a fun event.
- October 1st - Recital package forms due
- October 11th - 14th - Fall Break - no classes.
- October 20th - Halloween Hop parents night out - sign up at the front desk.
- October 25th - October 31st - Wear your (kid friendly) costume to dance.
- October 31st - The studio will close at 6:30 p.m.
- Join our pro dancers and non-compete dancers as they take the stage for "Kids Day'. See flyer attached. They will perform at 2:20 p.m. at the Factory of Franklin, come support our dancers!
- Our non-compete dancers will also be performing at Pumpkinfest in downtown Franklin October 28th at 11:40 a.m. We would love for you to support our dancers!
- August 28th - September 1st - Bring a friend to dance week
- September 2nd - No Classes
- September 4th - No Classes
- September 13th - Adult Classes begin
RECITAL INFORMATION 2018
- The recital is scheduled for Saturday, June 9th, 2018 4:00 p.m. at Father Ryan High School. There is a mandatory in studio dress rehearsal on June 6th, 2018 and June 7th, 2018. We will split these rehearsals into two groups and your child will come to one out of the two. A mandatory full dress rehearsal at the venue, Father Ryan High School for all will be Friday, June 8th, 2018. A recital fee and costume/costume(s) fee(s) are required to participate in the recital. We encourage ALL of our students to participate in our recital.
- Recital fees and costume fees are due October 1st, 2017. These fees are non-refundable. Please select your package option, using the form located here or you can pick one up in our front office. Return your form along with payment to the front desk by the designated date above.
- Ages 3 through 8 perform one number in our shows if enrolled in our combination class. Ages 9 and up perform two numbers if enrolled in our combination class.
- We will be doing costume sizing the first week in October to ensure we have the correct size noted for your child.
- Recital pictures are scheduled for June 7th, 2018 and June 8th, 2018 at Grassland Dance Academy
- Tuition is due on September 1st, 2017 and the 1st of the month moving forward. You can pay online or drop a check in our tuition box located by the front door to the right as you exit. Autopay runs on the 1st of each month.
- For important dates and studio closings please check our “Events”.
Our pro dancers completed their final competition of the year this past weekend and did an outstanding job. We are beyond proud of these dancers as they came together as a team in support of one another to place in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 8th and received bids to nationals! All of our age groups placed and had outstanding performances. This is not possible without the support of their teachers and their parents. Thank you all for an awesome year with our competition team, Pro Dance, and believing in this program!
- May 26th - Last day of classes
- May 26th - Final day for recital ticket sales. Please remember we will not sell tickets at the door.
As we move into our last month of dance we want to say thank you. We have thoroughly enjoyed our year together and would love to have each of you back in the summer or fall http://www.gdadance.com/scheduleindex/. Be sure to check out our summer camps and fall schedule. Let us know if you have any questions!
- April 1st - Recital pictures. Deadline to sign up is March 27th. Please arrive promptly at your designated appointment time. Also, please come in costume as we would like to keep the bathrooms free for bathroom use only.
- April 7th - Parents night out, "Bunny Boogie". Join us for a fun parents night out! Sign up at the front desk. We are excited to announce this event will be sponsored by, Little Sunshine's Playhouse and Preschool. A new preschool coming to Franklin!
- April 3rd - 7th - Recital t-shirts will go out. If you purchased a recital t-shirt, they will be delivered to your child in his or her class.
- April 14th- No classes.
- April 17th - Recital tickets go on sale. Please take note that we will not sell tickets at the door the day of our recital. We must keep track of seating prior to the show. You can purchase your tickets, $10 per ticket, at the front desk.
- April 24th - April 28th - Watch week. Come check out your child's hard work on their recital dances and enjoy the last 10 minutes of their class.
- April 29th - Pro Dance and Non-compete auditions. Is your child interested in taking more classes than their regular once a week classes? We have two different opportunities for your child to audition for. Please see attachments below.
- We need recital volunteers. If you are interested please sign up at the front desk. We are in need of volunteers Friday, June 9th for our dress rehearsal and Saturday, June 10th for our recital. We would like two per class. The deadline to sign up is May 1st, 2017.
- Please be sure your child is in attendance for the remainder of the year. We want your child to feel confident on stage for our recital.
- Interested in enrolling for summer or fall? Check out our schedule here.
We are excited to introduce our "Non-Compete Team" to GDA for the 2017/2018 year. We are offering a place for those dancers that are wanting to dance at the competitive level and those that are wanting more than just a recital. Please find audition dates and more information below.